Random Fact Time
What better way to kill time as a bored web-surfer than to enjoy a few facts that you never needed to know:
- A bolt of lightning is six times hotter than the sun.
- In bumblebee hives, the entire colony, except for the queen, dies at the end of each summer.
- At one time, a Minnesota tax form required you to list your date of death.
- More than 90% of plane crashes have survivors.
- Surgeons who play video games have 37% fewer operating room errors than those who don’t.
- According to Tolkien lore, Bilbo Baggins was born on September 22nd.
- An iguana can stay under water for up to 28 minutes.
- Over a lifetime, the average driver will swear 32,000 times in his or her car.
- The Manhattan cocktail was invented by Winston Churchill’s mother.
- A 30-second commercial costs about as much to produce as a 30-minute sitcom.
- An Atlanta, Georgia, law forbids “smelly people” from riding on public streetcars.
- The first Allied bomb dropped on Berlin in WWII killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- MIT srudents built a computer out of Tinker Toys. It plays Tic-Tac-Toe. (It’s never lost a game.)
- You could make over two million different sandwich combinations from the Subway menu.
- Your remote control works by shooting an invisible beam of infrared light at the TV.
Posted on May 21, 2012, in Random/Miscellaneous and tagged Atlanta, Bilbo Baggins, Hobbit, J. R. R. Tolkien, Manhattan, Minnesota, Random Facts, Tinkertoy, useless information, Winston Churchill. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.