My Expedition for Useless Information: Part 1
I believe that deep down inside all of us there is an inner explorer waiting to be set free. For every person this explorer has a different goal. Maybe it’s wealth, power, money or love. For me my quest is for useless information. Ever since I was a wee little lad I hungered for the most stupid knowledge no one ever needed to waste their time knowing. It was more than amusement for me, it was just pure entertainment. I can recall me sitting for hours at a time, rifling through volumes upon volumes of Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader books that contained nothing but the most odd, unimportant yet surprisingly interesting facts. I want to relive that time through the only means I know how, The JP Feed. So introducing for the first but not last time is my zany excursion into all that is weird, wacky, stupid and just plain ridiculous. No memorization necessary people this is crap that not even your poetry teacher would bother asking about. Just pure unadulterated madness through facts…
In our journey through the world of pointless trivia let us start at where we usually like to divert our attention to: ourselves. Yes this post is all about our health, body, mind, etc. So sit back (if you aren’t already) and take a gander at these bodily nuggets of knowledge.
- A hair’s breadth is 1/48th of an inch
- Humans eat pork more than any other type of meat
- When you laugh, you expel air at speeds up to 70 mph
- Your ribs move every time you breath-about 5 million times a year
- 45% of people admit that they pee in the shower
- The avg. child can recognize over 200 company logos by the time he/she enters 1st grade.
- Americans eat 387 million lbs (1.25 lbs. per person) of sauerkraut per year
- As you age, your eye color gets lighter
- Cerebrospinal fluid, the liquid your brain is floating in right now, is 99% water
- Red-green color-blind people can see more shades of khaki than people with normal vision can
Check back next week when we explore useless facts about animals!